1) Vince Cable
2) Robert ‘Scoop’ Peston
3) Sky News (which other news channel ran the FTSE and Dow Jones figures on screen through their bulletins)
4) Jeff Randall
5) Jon Stewart
6) Gordon Brown (‘this is no time for novices’)
1) US Treasury Secretary Paulson (shmendrick)
2) President Bush (rabbit in the headlights award)
3) Jeremy ‘Figures’ Paxman
4) Stephanie Flanders (where is she when we need her?)
5) Shadow Chancellor (while Cameron was being all statesmanlike at Birmingham, George just couldn’t stop himself, all smirks and no substance)
Register today to continue reading
You’ve hit your limit of three articles in the last 30 days. To get seven more, simply enter your email address below.
You’ll also receive our free e-book Prospect’s Top Thinkers 2020 and our newsletter with the best new writing on politics, economics, literature and the arts.
Prospect may process your personal information for our legitimate business purposes, to provide you with newsletters, subscription offers and other relevant information.
Click here to learn more about these purposes and how we use your data. You will be able to opt-out of further contact on the next page and in all our communications.
Already a subscriber? Log in here