An opening is available in our Westminster officeby Prospect Team / March 7, 2019 / Leave a comment
Marketing & circulation executive
Working with the UK’s leading current affairs monthly which has experienced strong circulation growth, the role plays an integral part in continuing to increase subscriptions and managing the magazine’s circulation.
Reporting to the head of marketing and working within the publishing team, the marketing & circulation executive works on marketing campaigns to boost subscription and newsstand sales. The role also encompasses circulation activity such as preparing print runs and liaising with suppliers including printers.
The role would suit a graduate looking to start a career in marketing. Experience is not necessary but a can-do attitude, enthusiasm and a desire to learn is.
– Work with the head of marketing to create, develop and implement new marketing campaigns to grow subscriptions
– Coordinate the fulfilment of promotional campaigns, largely by email through our third-party email send system but to also include direct mail, telesales, other digital campaigns, bound-in cards, on-page advertising and renewal series
– Liaise with our subscription bureau to set up new campaign codes and URLs for campaigns and to check all ordering mechanisms are functioning correctly and efficiently
– Develop relationships with organisations with similar audiences to create and maintain co-marketing campaigns
– Represent Prospect at events and festivals including stand management. Many of these events and festivals will take place on weekends—for which you will receive time in lieu
– Work with other third parties such as creative agencies and printers to develop our promotional offering
– Source and manage stock of subscription incentives
– Assist in the management and development of the marketing database
– Log promotional activity and track campaign key performance indicators including return on investment. Monitor budgets for campaigns and ensure they are adhered to
– Compile print orders for each issue and work with printers to make sure magazines are printed and distributed correctly and on time
– Work with our newstrade distributor to make sure that copies are correctly ordered and distributed
– Be involved in our circulation audits to compile all the distribution information required by the auditor
– Update monthly cover requests and offers on third party subscription sites
– Continually monitor performance of third party subscription sites, newsstand sales and subscription sales and suggest ways in which improvements can be made
– Check and sign-off all supplier invoices and monitor ongoing spend against budget.
Salary details available on request plus entry to a bonus scheme based on subscription growth.
A driving licence would be beneficial though not essential.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org