Prospect Publishing Limited (“We“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data (such as your name, email address, contact details and payment details) we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also describes our practices around cookies. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.prospectmagazine.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Prospect Publishing Limited of 2 Queen Anne’s Gate, London, SW1H 9AA, United Kingdom.
What information does Prospect gather?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on www.prospectmagazine.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter or events, take out a subscription, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, via cookies and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.We sometimes work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive publicly available information on you derived from social media integrated with our site.
|Processes||Intended to make the website work in the way you expect. For example, we use a cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the website to behave and look. For example, we use a cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use your phone’s geolocation data.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the website. For example, we use a cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the website. For example, we use a cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page. We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We use the data provided by this web analytics service to develop our site content around our users’ interests. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics through Google Ads Settings or by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.|
How does Prospect use information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to thank you for attending our events and to seek feedback and to invite you to similar events;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share or disclose information with selected third parties in certain limited circumstances including:
- Our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- To a potential buyer, if approached, as required in connection with the sale.
- As required by law, or if in good faith we believe disclosure is required by law. We never sell personal information or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
Where Prospect stores your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
We want to provide you with the best possible service. Please therefore always keep us updated of any changes to your personal information, for example, if your email address changes. You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com.
How do I change my personal details?
You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.